Skip to main content

Continue to move forward with the Lord

Another morning... oh how I love them!

  This morning I read Psalm 40,
                                                  I waited patiently for the Lord,
                                                  And He inclined to me,
                                                  And heard my cry.

To wait patiently for the Lord sometimes, (most of the time, lets face it) isnt easy! Waiting in itself isnt the easiest thing, for instance when my bus is running late, or my train or plane, or people. When I'm not getting things done fast enough or when I feel I will never get everything done. When your waiting on an answer or on an important phone call or email...waiting never seems the easiest of things to do.

                                            We can always be in a rush or in a race.

As I read this psalm this moring I noticed I was racing through it, asking God to speak to me through it but really hoping it would just pop out to me cause I was in such a rush...What was my rush I do not know. I have plenty of time this morning and most importantly even if I didnt think I had plenty of time I should make time.What is the most important thing in my life?  To love God with all my heart, soul and strength and to love my neighbour as myself. HOW do I expect to do either of these if I dont spend time with Him and patiently wait for His direction, His prompting, His guiding, His love to fill me up, His loving kindness to soften my heart, His strength to face the day, His mercy to cleanse me a new each day. It is funny how I quickly I forget the importance of waiting is and the joy and all else which can be found in it.

Verse4 of this Psalm says:
Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust,
And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

                                            'Who makes the Lord his trust'.

  Proverbs 3:5&6:
 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
 And lean not on your own understanding;
 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.


 When we lie, for whatever reason, whether it is to protect someone from hurt, to get our own way, to avoid people seeing how we are, who we are or what is going on then we must acknowledge God because as we lie we sin, for whatever reason. And it is important to remember:

 Who uses lies against us? Who is the deciever? Who tries to blind us with his lies? The one who has his way with this world until the return of Jesus, right!

Lies are sin, and they are not just a small deal. If he uses them against those who God loves, to keep them from God, why do we think that our lies arent as evil!  Sometimes I wonder why my heart may be anxious in the morning or why I dont walk away from temptation or why I fall at the same point over and over again, but now I think of the reality of lies and where they come from and if I dont acknowledge God in all I do then sin can creep in and I dont see it for what it is.

When then can we justify our rush? The long list that has to get done, the phone call I must make, the email that has to be sent, the dishes that have to be dried. What about the heart which needs to be cleansed and focused on our Lord Jesus Christ.

One thing I know for sure is, though this morning I may feel I have so much to do, I know I need today more than ever the strength and refreshment from His Word. For through this I can get clear vision and the strength to turn away from lies and any other sin which may hinder my vision of the Lord today.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So yes as Katie Tunstall says in her song Weirdo..."Still a weirdo after all these years"... yes yes I truely am. All my 23 years or at least what I can remember of them I've been unique,quirky even. I think we all must feel that way, that we are extra weird compared to the next person..we see it every day, people trying to fit in , be it with there clothes,lanuage, music, taste in films, hair do's, hair donts, tan..too much tan, no tan at all, friends, opinions, bringing each others group down so the one we are in, the "norm" we fit into seems like the "right" one. Are we..no matter what group we fall under or how much we try not to be in a group.. still trapped in that cycle of not comfortable in our own skin?? Yes some days its easy to say "well yes I am comfortable in my skin and happy with who I am" but how many days are there with the doubt,the unsureness, the self conciousness, the unsatisfation with our own bodies, our own minds, ...

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The testing of our faith, the trials...to persever, to grow weary...finding our strength in Him. For the past four days I have been wrestling with my own heart. Battling with my flesh, pressing forward even though much of me just wants to stand still but I dont like to stand still, if there is one thing I dont like the most of all is not getting to know the Lord new each day and just giving into self-pity and this want to put a hault on time. Yes, life is ever changing and moves happen, new people come, others go! Yes, family are missed and friends too, and of course I dont have answers for people when I am asked where?... what?.. when? and Why?...but none of that is anything big when my vision is set on Christ. This morning I continued to read in Psalm, amidst Psalm44 there is a gem, in verse 8 it says:  In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. No matter what is going on around us, or how we think we feel, we must be open for ...
Its been a week since I wrote, it really feels only a few days. More and more the time seems to fly by.. but each morning we wake its a fresh start. I think back to just this year and what has gone by. So much has changed. At the start of this year I was buying a house-with someone I knew wasnt right for me or me right for them. This year I was working in a job that i dreaded most mornings,that didnt bring out the best in me and brought me to tears more often than not...its scary to think how comfortable we get with things in our lives that arent right, that we dont like and that make us so unhappy. The person I was for the majority of this year seems like someone I was years ago...I look back and feel like years must have past because my life has change so much. Praise God for that. Even though I do seem to cry as much now as I did then but mostly I cry for I am full of joy..but when I cry because of sadness..it still isnt the same as before because I feel safe now, I am not alone...