Skip to main content

A spring of fresh water always awaits!

My psalm of the day says in its final verses:

But I will sing of Your power;
Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
For you have been my defense
and refuge in the day of my trouble.
To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises;
For God is my defense,
My God of mercy.                                       -Psalm59:16-17

This morning this was a spring of fresh water to my thirst soul.

Sometimes because of fear of people, upsetting people or not wanting to cause trouble or problems I slow down and alter myself to be..whatever is "better" or "easier" for whatever reason.
Sometimes its out of my own laziness, other times its because I am being selfish, it can be out of fear of doing something wrong or saying somthing wrong and sometimes I just let what is around me effect my singing loudly to the Lord.

This morning I am saddened by this reality because I find my joy in Christ and when I sing of Gods power, sing aloud of His mercy in the morning, this is what my heart rejoices in, for God is my defense and strength in time of trouble. 

                              Gods Word never returns void. I am so thankful for that!

So often I can be like Peter...I am the one saying to God time and time again, "Here I am, I will never deny You, You are my all in all Lord, they may leave you but I will never, I will go to the ends of the earth for You God," but then...the very same day, the very same hour, I allow whatever it maybe, whether its me or my circumstances which I allow lead me astray and not walk boldly forward and call out and sing His praises in all areas of my life.

We must yes, be life Peter and call out to Jesus to let us come to Him and walk on water towards Him as it speaks of in Matthew14 but then we must as walk on water by continuing to call out to Him and sing His praises as we walk. This will enable us to continue to walk and not sink...because He is our strength, He is powerful. He is our defense and help in time of trouble.

 We must keep our eyes fixed on Jesus and continue to call to Him and give Him thanks always, when we are high and when we are low, when we are in want and when we have plenty.

I think this is how in Philippians 4:11-13 Paul writes:

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

How could this man, who was still a sinner, come to this point of contentment in everything and in all things...because He did not take His eyes off Jesus. He did not cease to sing His praise. Paul could sing and I am sure did sing out these verse of Psalm59:

But I will sing of Your power;
Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
For you have been my defense
and refuge in the day of my trouble.
To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises;
For God is my defense,
My God of mercy.

His eyes were fixed on Jesus, on Gods power, on His mercy and on His faithfulness throughout His life. And so Paul could do all things through Christ who strengthened him.

Our eyes must be fixed on Him, on His strength, power and mercy and all that He has done for us.

To Him who has given abundance to all, and strengthens those who call upon Him, to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Cast off the worries and burdens you have laid upon yourself, give them to Him and let us sing His praises today <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So yes as Katie Tunstall says in her song Weirdo..."Still a weirdo after all these years"... yes yes I truely am. All my 23 years or at least what I can remember of them I've been unique,quirky even. I think we all must feel that way, that we are extra weird compared to the next person..we see it every day, people trying to fit in , be it with there clothes,lanuage, music, taste in films, hair do's, hair donts, tan..too much tan, no tan at all, friends, opinions, bringing each others group down so the one we are in, the "norm" we fit into seems like the "right" one. Are we..no matter what group we fall under or how much we try not to be in a group.. still trapped in that cycle of not comfortable in our own skin?? Yes some days its easy to say "well yes I am comfortable in my skin and happy with who I am" but how many days are there with the doubt,the unsureness, the self conciousness, the unsatisfation with our own bodies, our own minds, ...

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The testing of our faith, the trials...to persever, to grow weary...finding our strength in Him. For the past four days I have been wrestling with my own heart. Battling with my flesh, pressing forward even though much of me just wants to stand still but I dont like to stand still, if there is one thing I dont like the most of all is not getting to know the Lord new each day and just giving into self-pity and this want to put a hault on time. Yes, life is ever changing and moves happen, new people come, others go! Yes, family are missed and friends too, and of course I dont have answers for people when I am asked where?... what?.. when? and Why?...but none of that is anything big when my vision is set on Christ. This morning I continued to read in Psalm, amidst Psalm44 there is a gem, in verse 8 it says:  In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. No matter what is going on around us, or how we think we feel, we must be open for ...
Its been a week since I wrote, it really feels only a few days. More and more the time seems to fly by.. but each morning we wake its a fresh start. I think back to just this year and what has gone by. So much has changed. At the start of this year I was buying a house-with someone I knew wasnt right for me or me right for them. This year I was working in a job that i dreaded most mornings,that didnt bring out the best in me and brought me to tears more often than not...its scary to think how comfortable we get with things in our lives that arent right, that we dont like and that make us so unhappy. The person I was for the majority of this year seems like someone I was years ago...I look back and feel like years must have past because my life has change so much. Praise God for that. Even though I do seem to cry as much now as I did then but mostly I cry for I am full of joy..but when I cry because of sadness..it still isnt the same as before because I feel safe now, I am not alone...