Skip to main content

My life following Christ...

It will be two years this June, that I asked God to forgive me of my sins and wash me white as snow. I knew that I wanted to do this and mean it in my heart before this time, but I did not think I deserved His love and forgiveness and holding onto things of the world which I did not want to let go of...but as I looked for Him more and more as He called out to me and stretched forth His hand, at last I leaped into His hands.

Since then, things have changed. Oh how I wish for those who do not believe or who have seen my life since, that I could give them a taste or an insight to life with Christ. I know it must be a little scary for those who love me or who know me at all to watch my life as it moves forward with Him.

It is a different life.
I watched the video of my baptism last night, it was in January of last year. It was such a great day in my life.
Sometimes as things change around us and when we feel like things are out of our control, or we do not understand them, or maybe even that we feel as though we are loosing something, or someone we love, we feel helpless, afraid and sad. There is no way of explaining the way things are for me now. I try, but fail at it, how do I explain God who is greater than all we know...I cant. That is why I point you all to the Scripture.
I will not fight or argue about God, I only pray that hearts be soft to Him and seek Him. He has all the answers, but are we willing to hear them or hear from Him.
I know life is hard, I know you can have questions, point them to Him.
My next Psalm in my reading is Psalm46 it says in verse one:

God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.

verse10 then says;
Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

The thing is that it is not about religion, or anything like that, it is not about what church you go to, or how many prayers you say or how many people you help....it is about a relationship with Jesus.
I love God, and Jesus, and am so thankful for His sacrifice on the cross, I love that He sent us a helper. I love the word of God and this is all I believe.
No matter where I go in the world or who I stand with my foundation and love is in God, His Son and His Spirit and the word which He has given us.
He is my refuge and strength, He is my very present help in trouble, be still and know He is God.

Yes, God is number one in my life. I love Him.
Its says in 1John4:19:
We love Him because He first loved us.


God gives life and life in abundance.
John10:10
I have come that they may have life,
And that they may have it more abundantly.

I am not perfect, I can not lead you to understanding and life but I know who can, that is Christ.
It is up to you and I today, to take His hand and take Him at His Word and ask him to lead.

I love Him,
I love you so so much too.

Much love always from me to you <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So yes as Katie Tunstall says in her song Weirdo..."Still a weirdo after all these years"... yes yes I truely am. All my 23 years or at least what I can remember of them I've been unique,quirky even. I think we all must feel that way, that we are extra weird compared to the next person..we see it every day, people trying to fit in , be it with there clothes,lanuage, music, taste in films, hair do's, hair donts, tan..too much tan, no tan at all, friends, opinions, bringing each others group down so the one we are in, the "norm" we fit into seems like the "right" one. Are we..no matter what group we fall under or how much we try not to be in a group.. still trapped in that cycle of not comfortable in our own skin?? Yes some days its easy to say "well yes I am comfortable in my skin and happy with who I am" but how many days are there with the doubt,the unsureness, the self conciousness, the unsatisfation with our own bodies, our own minds, ...

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The testing of our faith, the trials...to persever, to grow weary...finding our strength in Him. For the past four days I have been wrestling with my own heart. Battling with my flesh, pressing forward even though much of me just wants to stand still but I dont like to stand still, if there is one thing I dont like the most of all is not getting to know the Lord new each day and just giving into self-pity and this want to put a hault on time. Yes, life is ever changing and moves happen, new people come, others go! Yes, family are missed and friends too, and of course I dont have answers for people when I am asked where?... what?.. when? and Why?...but none of that is anything big when my vision is set on Christ. This morning I continued to read in Psalm, amidst Psalm44 there is a gem, in verse 8 it says:  In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. No matter what is going on around us, or how we think we feel, we must be open for ...
Its been a week since I wrote, it really feels only a few days. More and more the time seems to fly by.. but each morning we wake its a fresh start. I think back to just this year and what has gone by. So much has changed. At the start of this year I was buying a house-with someone I knew wasnt right for me or me right for them. This year I was working in a job that i dreaded most mornings,that didnt bring out the best in me and brought me to tears more often than not...its scary to think how comfortable we get with things in our lives that arent right, that we dont like and that make us so unhappy. The person I was for the majority of this year seems like someone I was years ago...I look back and feel like years must have past because my life has change so much. Praise God for that. Even though I do seem to cry as much now as I did then but mostly I cry for I am full of joy..but when I cry because of sadness..it still isnt the same as before because I feel safe now, I am not alone...