Skip to main content

God is my shepherd

   Its been a while. And lots has happened. Ive spent the last three and a half months in Calvary Chapel Bible College, Siegen, Germany. To sum it up in a word... WOW.

   What is bible college like you may ask?? Interesting thats forsure. I think, like when I became a Christian people may think its an easy life. That I can asure you is not the truth..and if your life is easy then I'd ask you to look again at what you have invested your life in. For the call to follow Christ is not one that will lead to an easy life but it is the most rewarding and the only worthy one. So on coming to bible college some had said to  me it is great fun and pretty easy, fun it is..forsure. Easy...hmmm again I'll say the call we are called to is not easy so I think here easy maybe the wrong word. I definetly did not find it easy... Enjoyable, yes, worthwhile, double yes, stretching, one hundred and ten times, yes, would I go again??? YES YES and YES but easy..no!
   During my time at bible college struggles were daily, milka became my best friend, my heart grew so much more for the Lord, my body grew so much more for my clothes! Hugging was key, fellowship was awesome, tears were frequent, laughter was more...Friends were made, brothers and sisters were met. Love was abounding and joy overflowing.
   Words will never justify the work that God was doing at the bible college. He took each of us there and stretched us, broke us and moulded us into something different, and more than I could have ever expected.God is faithful and will finish the work He has started. He is the only worthy to be praised.
   The struggles I had in bible college..where do I begin. Pride is always a great place to start for I have so much of it. Also my self, the selfish ways of me. We all try to be kind, caring, loving but none of us can really do this without selfish motives unless it is of God, from Him and through Him. Well this is true for me anyways, but Ive found the more and more He changes my heart and the more I submit to Him, His love flows out more and there is less of me to get in the way. The thing about bible college is that you are in the Word so much, you are seeking God so so much and praying, that God is faithful to do the work in you and gee wizz does He do it. For me though I resisted it so much for a good while and if i have some advice, it would be to submit, submit and submit a bit more to the will of God, for you can be sure it is for your good.
   I am so glad I went to bible college. Especially the one I went to, for it was filled with Gods love, Spirit and people who truly are in love with God and desire to know Him better.The time here went so fastly by, its hard to believe it has come to an end already.
  If there is anything that I can pass on to you from bible college right now...it is to open the Word.  It is for everyone. I really mean that. No matter what you say to count yourself out of that 'everyone' it does not work, for it is for you too. Whether you want to believe it or not. Open it. Soften your heart, make an effort to seek what you find me talking about now that I never used before. Question it. Seek. You can not deny that everything around you is calling to you that God exists. You may choose to ignore it all your life, I beg you not to, but if you do please know that judgement will come, and we are to be ready. That not one knows the day or the hour but we all have a choice.
Choose now, choose wisely...if you cant, call out for help from Jesus Christ your Saviour who is just waiting to hear from you. Do not leave it till tomorrow. Pick up His Word, ask questions, talk to Him.
We all need Him, no matter how happy you may feel today, no matter how strong you may feel, no matter how together you may feel you have it...you are missing something, and you know it too.

 Jesus said, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." -Matthew6:33

I love you dear friends,
But He loves you with a far greater love than I can even imagine.

Eimear







  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So yes as Katie Tunstall says in her song Weirdo..."Still a weirdo after all these years"... yes yes I truely am. All my 23 years or at least what I can remember of them I've been unique,quirky even. I think we all must feel that way, that we are extra weird compared to the next person..we see it every day, people trying to fit in , be it with there clothes,lanuage, music, taste in films, hair do's, hair donts, tan..too much tan, no tan at all, friends, opinions, bringing each others group down so the one we are in, the "norm" we fit into seems like the "right" one. Are we..no matter what group we fall under or how much we try not to be in a group.. still trapped in that cycle of not comfortable in our own skin?? Yes some days its easy to say "well yes I am comfortable in my skin and happy with who I am" but how many days are there with the doubt,the unsureness, the self conciousness, the unsatisfation with our own bodies, our own minds, ...

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The testing of our faith, the trials...to persever, to grow weary...finding our strength in Him. For the past four days I have been wrestling with my own heart. Battling with my flesh, pressing forward even though much of me just wants to stand still but I dont like to stand still, if there is one thing I dont like the most of all is not getting to know the Lord new each day and just giving into self-pity and this want to put a hault on time. Yes, life is ever changing and moves happen, new people come, others go! Yes, family are missed and friends too, and of course I dont have answers for people when I am asked where?... what?.. when? and Why?...but none of that is anything big when my vision is set on Christ. This morning I continued to read in Psalm, amidst Psalm44 there is a gem, in verse 8 it says:  In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. No matter what is going on around us, or how we think we feel, we must be open for ...
Its been a week since I wrote, it really feels only a few days. More and more the time seems to fly by.. but each morning we wake its a fresh start. I think back to just this year and what has gone by. So much has changed. At the start of this year I was buying a house-with someone I knew wasnt right for me or me right for them. This year I was working in a job that i dreaded most mornings,that didnt bring out the best in me and brought me to tears more often than not...its scary to think how comfortable we get with things in our lives that arent right, that we dont like and that make us so unhappy. The person I was for the majority of this year seems like someone I was years ago...I look back and feel like years must have past because my life has change so much. Praise God for that. Even though I do seem to cry as much now as I did then but mostly I cry for I am full of joy..but when I cry because of sadness..it still isnt the same as before because I feel safe now, I am not alone...