Skip to main content
So its ALREADY coming to the end of January 2013..hard to believe I know. It has been a quick couple of weeks.  College is back in full swing with only 10 weeks of lectures left this semester, the plan to get my running mileage up is on the go and my read the bible in a year plan is well into Genesis and Matthew. Its been a good month so far!

One thing however which is still not settled is my desire to find ways of being more creative this year! Last year was such a great year. I got to live in Germany, travel to Turkey and stay in China. And this was all before returning back to Ireland in July. Last year because of the grace of God I got to know who I am because of Jesus and what He did more and this included my likes and dislikes. He healed lots and brought so much light, life and joy into my heart. One of the things that I found more and more was this huge urge and desire to be more creative, which is fun but finding ways to be creative was a bit of a challenge.
   
One of the ways I have let some of this desire out is through this blog, but you may have noticed Im not very consistent with writing on it!

Every week I spend time looking at pretty, inspiring and cool things to make and do but I often come up against a  problem in these cool projects. So many of them cost money. No surprise there I guess!  So I have decided that part of my 'be creative 2013 plan' is to once a week do something creative, and something different...but do it without spending a cent. It sounds like a good idea right...who wouldnt want to have fun creatively and different every week and without spending a cent...but how long will this last.

Im excited and a little nervous about this expedition...the weeks go by so fast and really how creative can I be? I already think I dont have enough time for everything on my to do (or think I need to do list!!)...but the excitement for this project wins out! And also I totally think that the fun and journey on the way will be worth it.

A creative project a week...that costs nothing...

Well here goes nothing. Week one begins today!!! I will keep you posted on what this weeks project will be.

Wish me luck!

<3 Eimear

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." -John3:16




Comments

  1. Good to read you are still out there. Think of you often and trust College continues to go well for you and that you get many opportunities.
    Love Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So yes as Katie Tunstall says in her song Weirdo..."Still a weirdo after all these years"... yes yes I truely am. All my 23 years or at least what I can remember of them I've been unique,quirky even. I think we all must feel that way, that we are extra weird compared to the next person..we see it every day, people trying to fit in , be it with there clothes,lanuage, music, taste in films, hair do's, hair donts, tan..too much tan, no tan at all, friends, opinions, bringing each others group down so the one we are in, the "norm" we fit into seems like the "right" one. Are we..no matter what group we fall under or how much we try not to be in a group.. still trapped in that cycle of not comfortable in our own skin?? Yes some days its easy to say "well yes I am comfortable in my skin and happy with who I am" but how many days are there with the doubt,the unsureness, the self conciousness, the unsatisfation with our own bodies, our own minds, ...

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The testing of our faith, the trials...to persever, to grow weary...finding our strength in Him. For the past four days I have been wrestling with my own heart. Battling with my flesh, pressing forward even though much of me just wants to stand still but I dont like to stand still, if there is one thing I dont like the most of all is not getting to know the Lord new each day and just giving into self-pity and this want to put a hault on time. Yes, life is ever changing and moves happen, new people come, others go! Yes, family are missed and friends too, and of course I dont have answers for people when I am asked where?... what?.. when? and Why?...but none of that is anything big when my vision is set on Christ. This morning I continued to read in Psalm, amidst Psalm44 there is a gem, in verse 8 it says:  In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. No matter what is going on around us, or how we think we feel, we must be open for ...
Its been a week since I wrote, it really feels only a few days. More and more the time seems to fly by.. but each morning we wake its a fresh start. I think back to just this year and what has gone by. So much has changed. At the start of this year I was buying a house-with someone I knew wasnt right for me or me right for them. This year I was working in a job that i dreaded most mornings,that didnt bring out the best in me and brought me to tears more often than not...its scary to think how comfortable we get with things in our lives that arent right, that we dont like and that make us so unhappy. The person I was for the majority of this year seems like someone I was years ago...I look back and feel like years must have past because my life has change so much. Praise God for that. Even though I do seem to cry as much now as I did then but mostly I cry for I am full of joy..but when I cry because of sadness..it still isnt the same as before because I feel safe now, I am not alone...