Skip to main content

Just a few words


Since the last time I have wrote I have been to China, back again to Germany and now I am at home in Ireland once again. I have gone to write a number of times before this but so much has happened I have no idea where to start.

What I can say for sure is how I have seen Gods mercy so much in my life and around the world and how He wants and will give the desires of our heart as we diligently seek Him.

That is key: Diligence in seeking Him.

Jesus said seek first the kingdom of God...this is His will for our lives. To seek Him and His ways, to love Him first, always. And all else will follow.

Though it may seem that I follow Him, and live my life for Him and yes He is so gracious and brings me to many wonderful places and meet many awesome people I still fail at this command time and time again. Praise God for His grace <3

Seek Him first...so often I think if I have this, or if my life looked like that then all will be good and all will be happy, if I become this or look like that then all will be well...none of this is true.

I am truly content when I find my identity in Him. I am at rest when I rest in Him and His Word, but in my daily life I compromise...compromising is dangerous ground.

What am I living for or for whom?
I know as I write these things they may not make sense to many and some may think I am being hard on myself but I know this is not true.
"Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love."

I guess all I want to say this time, is do not compromise with your faith, do not let anything come between you and Him, turn from seeking whatever it may be and seek Him. This is the reminder I need today.

He must be first...all else will follow.

Love,
Eimear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So yes as Katie Tunstall says in her song Weirdo..."Still a weirdo after all these years"... yes yes I truely am. All my 23 years or at least what I can remember of them I've been unique,quirky even. I think we all must feel that way, that we are extra weird compared to the next person..we see it every day, people trying to fit in , be it with there clothes,lanuage, music, taste in films, hair do's, hair donts, tan..too much tan, no tan at all, friends, opinions, bringing each others group down so the one we are in, the "norm" we fit into seems like the "right" one. Are we..no matter what group we fall under or how much we try not to be in a group.. still trapped in that cycle of not comfortable in our own skin?? Yes some days its easy to say "well yes I am comfortable in my skin and happy with who I am" but how many days are there with the doubt,the unsureness, the self conciousness, the unsatisfation with our own bodies, our own minds, ...

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The testing of our faith, the trials...to persever, to grow weary...finding our strength in Him. For the past four days I have been wrestling with my own heart. Battling with my flesh, pressing forward even though much of me just wants to stand still but I dont like to stand still, if there is one thing I dont like the most of all is not getting to know the Lord new each day and just giving into self-pity and this want to put a hault on time. Yes, life is ever changing and moves happen, new people come, others go! Yes, family are missed and friends too, and of course I dont have answers for people when I am asked where?... what?.. when? and Why?...but none of that is anything big when my vision is set on Christ. This morning I continued to read in Psalm, amidst Psalm44 there is a gem, in verse 8 it says:  In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. No matter what is going on around us, or how we think we feel, we must be open for ...
Its been a week since I wrote, it really feels only a few days. More and more the time seems to fly by.. but each morning we wake its a fresh start. I think back to just this year and what has gone by. So much has changed. At the start of this year I was buying a house-with someone I knew wasnt right for me or me right for them. This year I was working in a job that i dreaded most mornings,that didnt bring out the best in me and brought me to tears more often than not...its scary to think how comfortable we get with things in our lives that arent right, that we dont like and that make us so unhappy. The person I was for the majority of this year seems like someone I was years ago...I look back and feel like years must have past because my life has change so much. Praise God for that. Even though I do seem to cry as much now as I did then but mostly I cry for I am full of joy..but when I cry because of sadness..it still isnt the same as before because I feel safe now, I am not alone...