Skip to main content

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I woke up this morning to snow falling and the garden looking like a winter wonderland. It is beautiful. I sat down and ate my breakfast while checking emails and the like. Next to me is a newspaper and my morning and evening reading of Spurgeon devotionals. The kettle is on to make a cup of coffee.  I do not want.

I am blessed with so much, I am warm, I am fed, I have all the material things..and yet I fight to open my bible.

I think of how my heart yerns to go where God wants me to go. I have everything here. But what if the next place I go I do not have the comforts which I am blessed with here? What if I do not have heating, or a bed? What if I do not have food for breakfast or for lunch...what then will sustain me? God and God alone.

Here right now, it can be hard to get in the Word and seek after God because as I wake, until the time I sleep, I can have all my temporary comforts, that can furfill my temporary needs..but I know I am left unsatisfied and thirsty for the living water that is always and only available from God.

So this time when I am surrounded by comforts and all my earthly needs are met, this is the time when I must be in the Word more and diligently. It is so easy to think we do not need God when we have so much and it seems all our needs are being met, but we must remember that God is in control of everything and that every good thing comes from above. In these times of plenty we must recognise where all our abundance comes from. When we are lacking in what we think we need we must remember that God gives us exactly what we need.

God knows what we need. Whatever situation you find yourself in today, recognise Him in all your ways.
Where is he in your list of to do's?
Make Him number one, even if it doesnt seem like a necessity right now.
When you hit a wall or a time of trial, will you know his voice from the time of plenty to be able to hear and understand him in the time of lack?
Seek him today so that our ears may hear him and our eyes can see Him, whether we have a lot or nothing at all.

May Gods peace be with you all,

Eimear

Comments

  1. so good thank you!
    if you have the time, the JCintheOT-classes are so good!i miss you Eimear :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So yes as Katie Tunstall says in her song Weirdo..."Still a weirdo after all these years"... yes yes I truely am. All my 23 years or at least what I can remember of them I've been unique,quirky even. I think we all must feel that way, that we are extra weird compared to the next person..we see it every day, people trying to fit in , be it with there clothes,lanuage, music, taste in films, hair do's, hair donts, tan..too much tan, no tan at all, friends, opinions, bringing each others group down so the one we are in, the "norm" we fit into seems like the "right" one. Are we..no matter what group we fall under or how much we try not to be in a group.. still trapped in that cycle of not comfortable in our own skin?? Yes some days its easy to say "well yes I am comfortable in my skin and happy with who I am" but how many days are there with the doubt,the unsureness, the self conciousness, the unsatisfation with our own bodies, our own minds, ...

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The testing of our faith, the trials...to persever, to grow weary...finding our strength in Him. For the past four days I have been wrestling with my own heart. Battling with my flesh, pressing forward even though much of me just wants to stand still but I dont like to stand still, if there is one thing I dont like the most of all is not getting to know the Lord new each day and just giving into self-pity and this want to put a hault on time. Yes, life is ever changing and moves happen, new people come, others go! Yes, family are missed and friends too, and of course I dont have answers for people when I am asked where?... what?.. when? and Why?...but none of that is anything big when my vision is set on Christ. This morning I continued to read in Psalm, amidst Psalm44 there is a gem, in verse 8 it says:  In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. No matter what is going on around us, or how we think we feel, we must be open for ...
Its been a week since I wrote, it really feels only a few days. More and more the time seems to fly by.. but each morning we wake its a fresh start. I think back to just this year and what has gone by. So much has changed. At the start of this year I was buying a house-with someone I knew wasnt right for me or me right for them. This year I was working in a job that i dreaded most mornings,that didnt bring out the best in me and brought me to tears more often than not...its scary to think how comfortable we get with things in our lives that arent right, that we dont like and that make us so unhappy. The person I was for the majority of this year seems like someone I was years ago...I look back and feel like years must have past because my life has change so much. Praise God for that. Even though I do seem to cry as much now as I did then but mostly I cry for I am full of joy..but when I cry because of sadness..it still isnt the same as before because I feel safe now, I am not alone...