Skip to main content

1st of September 2011 Train journey to Dublin



“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” -Deuteronomy31:8

This verse was given to me by a dear friend a week ago. And last night in bible study we studyied through this chapter...I love how God prepares the way for us and goes before us. It is such a blessing to recieve a message from the Lord for comfort and reassurance. His work is beautiful and so flawless.
This morning I said goodbye to my parents for a few months as I make my way back to Germany for my second semester at bible college. It is hard to leave my parents..but it is also such a blessing beacuse I see more and more how much I love them and what a pure and unconditional love they have for me. What beauty and blessings lie in the relationships we have.
Though it saddens me to leave my two best friends at home,I look up and realise that their love is still so ever present with me, their comfort, their encouragemnent, their caring smiles are with me everywhere I go...how is this so? My parents have a gift of loving and caring with such a pure love that everywhere I go, it is with me, for God is with me and so I feel their love, for the love that they show me is reminded to me as God's love and grace is poured out on me daily.
What a merciful and great God we have.

This time round this journey is easier though. Over the past month or two God has been pointing out His promises to me and how I must trust them and that He does not change, that he does not grow weary. Isaiah 40:28 says, “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. Psalm 121:8 says, “The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.” He is true to His Word...His promises also remind me of what Jesus said to Peter in Matthew14:31 as Jesus immediatly stretched out His hand to help Peter when he called out to Jesus for help, Jesus said, “ O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” We have before us Gods promises that He is with us, that He has gone before us, that if we seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, all these things will be added to us..and yet time and time again God is so good to remind me of my lack of faith and my need for more of Him and that we need not worry, we need not fret, we need not seek in the comfort of other things for He is all we really need. O I of little faith, why do I doubt.
I am very thankful today for He has given me a peace today that surpasses all understanding and with that peace comes excitment for the times that are to come. Looking out the train window at green fields as far as the eye can see, mountains in the distance and old farmhouses surrounded by cattle grazing..I will miss all that is Ireland but I know in the coming days and months their are many adventures to be had and lessons to be learned and this brings me joy.
As I take my journey to what I know is my next step in following where God has called me to and has gone before me,I smile as I recall when Jesus called His disciples, let me indulge and share it with you. While walking by the Sea of Galilee, Jesus saw two brothers, Simon and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen. And he said to them, “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.” Immediately they left their nets and followed him. And going on from there he saw two older brothers, James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and he called them. Immediatlely they left the boat and their father and followed him.
-Matthew4:18-22
It brings so much joy to follow Jesus when he calls us. And he is always calling us to live for Him. Is God calling you to follow Him? Whether you are like me stepping out to follow Him away from home, or if Hes asking you to call out to Him like Peter did in Matthew 14:30 to save you from whatever or wherever your at, I pray and hope that you too, like me find the strength and courage to do so in the Lord. As Isaiah41:10 says, “Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

The verse I was given I now pass onto you...
“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” -Deuteronomy31:8

May it bless you and bring you peace as it has me,
Remember to always talk to Him, He longs to hear from you.
Much love always,
Eimear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So yes as Katie Tunstall says in her song Weirdo..."Still a weirdo after all these years"... yes yes I truely am. All my 23 years or at least what I can remember of them I've been unique,quirky even. I think we all must feel that way, that we are extra weird compared to the next person..we see it every day, people trying to fit in , be it with there clothes,lanuage, music, taste in films, hair do's, hair donts, tan..too much tan, no tan at all, friends, opinions, bringing each others group down so the one we are in, the "norm" we fit into seems like the "right" one. Are we..no matter what group we fall under or how much we try not to be in a group.. still trapped in that cycle of not comfortable in our own skin?? Yes some days its easy to say "well yes I am comfortable in my skin and happy with who I am" but how many days are there with the doubt,the unsureness, the self conciousness, the unsatisfation with our own bodies, our own minds, ...

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The testing of our faith, the trials...to persever, to grow weary...finding our strength in Him. For the past four days I have been wrestling with my own heart. Battling with my flesh, pressing forward even though much of me just wants to stand still but I dont like to stand still, if there is one thing I dont like the most of all is not getting to know the Lord new each day and just giving into self-pity and this want to put a hault on time. Yes, life is ever changing and moves happen, new people come, others go! Yes, family are missed and friends too, and of course I dont have answers for people when I am asked where?... what?.. when? and Why?...but none of that is anything big when my vision is set on Christ. This morning I continued to read in Psalm, amidst Psalm44 there is a gem, in verse 8 it says:  In God we boast all day long, And praise Your name forever. No matter what is going on around us, or how we think we feel, we must be open for ...
Its been a week since I wrote, it really feels only a few days. More and more the time seems to fly by.. but each morning we wake its a fresh start. I think back to just this year and what has gone by. So much has changed. At the start of this year I was buying a house-with someone I knew wasnt right for me or me right for them. This year I was working in a job that i dreaded most mornings,that didnt bring out the best in me and brought me to tears more often than not...its scary to think how comfortable we get with things in our lives that arent right, that we dont like and that make us so unhappy. The person I was for the majority of this year seems like someone I was years ago...I look back and feel like years must have past because my life has change so much. Praise God for that. Even though I do seem to cry as much now as I did then but mostly I cry for I am full of joy..but when I cry because of sadness..it still isnt the same as before because I feel safe now, I am not alone...